Safe mode places the phone into a diagnostic state (with default settings) so you can determine if a third party application is causing the device to freeze / restart / run slow. Our Troubleshooting Wizard can help with other problems of the machine if you do not use the tool today.
There is an alternative method available if the device does not respond or does not light.
- With the computer on, hold the power button (located on the right edge) until the options prompt appears; release the button.
- Tap and hold Power off Until the Reboot to Safe Mode Appears then a prompt release.
- Press Restart . The restart process may take up to 45 seconds. When the phone restarts, Safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen unlock / start.
- With safe mode enabled, the device tests the functionality and applications. If the above problem does not occur, it has been determined that the cause is a third party application and should be uninstalled all applications installed or recently updated.
- Restart the device to exit safely reinstall and test every application, one at a time to identify which one is causing the problem.