Turn the machine in Safe Mode - Samsung Galaxy S® 5
[Specific instructions of the device]
Safe Mode temporarily puts your phone in a diagnostic state so you can see if a third-party app is Causing your device to freeze / reset / run slow. No apps, settings or data are removed from the phone, the phone and restarting it returns to Normal Mode.
There is an alternative method available if the device can be turned on and respond.
- With the device powered off, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) Until the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo Appears then a release.
- With the Samsung Galaxy S5 logo on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button(located on the left edge).
- Continue to hold the Volume Down button Until Safe mode appears in the lower left of the screen then a release. This may take up to 45 seconds.
- With safe mode enabled, the device tests the functionality and applications. If the above problem does not occur, it has been determined that the cause is a third party application and should be uninstalled all applications installed or recently updated.
- Restart the device to exit safe mode, then reinstall and test every application, one at a time to identify which one is causing the problem.